Day 1 Tuesday, May 17 DEPARTURE
Depart from Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport to Paris, with British Airways,via London.
Day 2 Wednesday, May 18 MARSEILLES
Change of planes and airports in London. Assistance and transfer to go from Heathrow to Gatwick. Assistance in Marseille and transfer to Arles, a quaint Gallo-Roman town in Provence along the Rhone River. Check-in at Hotel Arles Plaza for seven nights.
|Day 3 Thursday, May 19 ARLES
Morning walking tour with guide: the arena, the
Antique Theatre,Van Gogh Space and Sainte
Trophime followed by a visit to the 2,000-yearold
Pont du Gard and a walking tour of Avignon,
the Pope Palace, the Pont Benazet, and the old
town. Returning to Arles stop for wine tasting to
appreciate the local wines such as Cotes-du-
Rhone and Chauteauneuf-du-Pape.
|Day 4 Friday, May 20 ARLES
Full-day excursion to Nimes including the Arena,
the Tour de Magne, the Maison Carree, to the
Saintes Maries de la Mer and the Camargue
|Day 5 Saturday, May 21 ARLES
Full-day at leisure. Saturday is market day in
Arles - enjoy a typical local market. You will also
have time to discover (on your own) the great
museums of Arles including the Museum of
Ancient Arles, the Folk Art Museum Arlaten, or
the Reattu Museum with its Picasso collection.
|Day 6 Sunday, May 22 ARLES (L)
Full-day excursion to Marseille. Morning city
tour followed by lunch near the old harbor and an
afternoon boat ride in the Calanques.
|Day 7 Monday, May 23 ARLES
Full-day excursion to Aix en Provence including
a city tour, Cezanne studio, and Cezanne Road
towards the Montagne Sainte Victoire which
inspired so many of Cezanne’s paintings.
|Day 8 Monday, May 24 ARLES
Full-day excursion: Les Baux /Gordes/le
Luberon and Les Ocres de Roussillon.
|Day 9 Tuesday, May 25 RETURN
Transfer from Arles to Marseille Provence
Airport for your British Airways return flight to
Baltimore (BWI), via London with transfers
between Gatwick and Heathrow.
|Cost information for the Provence trip
Price for the trip - from $2,295. These prices are based on double occupancy.
Price is based on a minimum of twenty travelers. Should
the group be smaller, we reserve the right to modify the
itinerary and reduce some of the excursions to avoid
The Price Includes:
- Round-trip flights from Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport to Marseille, via London with British Airways.
- Air taxes and surcharges at $400, subject to adjustment at time of ticketing.
- Assistance and transfers between Heathrow and Gatwick Airports.
- Seven nights accommodation in double or triple room at three-star Hotel Arles Plaza.
- Buffet breakfast daily plus one lunch in Marseille.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Supervision by Suzanne Flinchbaugh, instructor in French at Penn State York.
The Price Does Not Include:
- Single room supplement +$645
- Meals other than specified
- Cost of personal items: phone, drinks, laundry, internet, etc.
- HTH travel and health insurance required by Penn State
- Passport and visa fees. Everyone needs a passport valid until November 25, 2011. If you are not an American citizen, a visa may be required. A Green Card is compulsory.
Friends, family of Penn State students, faculty, and employees are welcome on our trips.
Everyone needs a valid passport. If you are not an American citizen a visa may be required.
|Terms and Conditions
Celestial Voyagers’ terms and conditions relate to contracts with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers. The regulations below must be strictly enforced as they are related to these contracts.
Deposit: $500 due upon reservation and preferably before February 12, 2011
Final payment no later than March 15, 2011
Airline seats may be available after these deadlines. However, after February 12, airfare may increase and penalties may apply.
Credit card payments:
We accept Visa and MasterCard. Since merchant fees are not included in the package price, should you wish to pay by credit card, a supplement of 3.5 percent applies.
All travelers on Penn State programs are required to purchase travel insurance through HTH Worldwide. Students will be sent enrollment information two weeks
prior to departure. Non-students must purchase TravelGap or TripProtector from: http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com
If you will not be a student at the time of this trip
or a Penn State employee, you must enroll in the
following continuing education course before
registering for this trip. Registration forms for
this continuing education course, FR 5016
Schedule #521012, can be obtained in the office
of Academic Affairs, Room 121, John J. Romano
Administration Building or by contacting Jane
Pflaum at 717-771-4051. This course will meet
on March 24, 2011 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The
fee to register for this course is $30. The deadline
for registration is March 18, 2011. All
participants must be 18 years of age at the time
of the trip.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The following penalties apply:
- $150 nonrefundable processing fee.
- Penalty of 50 percent of the trip price for cancellations received between March 16 and April 12, 2011.
- Penalty of 100 percent of the toal trip price received on or after April 12, 2011, or in case of no-show.
- We strongly recommend that you avail yourself of travel insurance as protection against these penalties. Please check with HTH Travel Insurance for plans and premiums.
Mail this reservation form with your deposit and copy of your passport to:
27-28 Thomson Avenue, SW11
Long Island City, NY 11101
Penn State York contact: